Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdais a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading and it asks us to...


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers

My teasers:


I'm actually humming.  I am walking through the food store, collecting the rest of the ingredients for the angel food cake I'm finally going to tackle this afternoon.  My first true excursion into the terrfying world of baking and yet, I'm humming.  This is the hum of woman who is in that zone where it is probable that the man she gave her number to will call her.


The Book:Life From Scratch 


Life From Scratch by Melissa Ford


Book Description:  

Her life's a mess. And so is her kitchen. Divorced, heartbroken and living in a lonely New York apartment with a tiny kitchen, Rachel Goldman realizes she doesn't even know how to cook the simplest meal for herself. Can learning to fry an egg help her understand where her life went wrong? She dives into the culinary basics. Then she launches a blog to vent her misery about life, love and her goal of an unburnt casserole.To her amazement, the blog's a hit. She becomes a minor celebrity. Next, a sexy Spaniard enters her life. Will her souffles stop falling? Will she finally forget about the husband she still loves? And how can she explain to her readers that she still hasn't learned how to cook up a happy life from scratch?

2 comments:

Jez said...

It seems like a lovely book, though not one I normally read. Nice teaser by the way!

Karen said...

It's not my normal book either but it has been really interested. It came highly recommended and I felt I needed to share!