Friday, May 20, 2011

Follow Friday and Book Blogger Hop



Q. It's circle time. Time for us to open up and share. Can you tell us FIVE quirky habits or things about you? We all have them...

1.  I'm a serial reader.  I have to finish a collection unless it get too outrageous. (Think the Anita Blake series)
2.  I love potatoes in all their many forms!
3.  I'm a serious Coca Cola junkie but I have switched to Coke Zero in  an effort to break the addiction! LOL
4.  I'm a teacher and I hate grading paper!
5.  I'm a book hoarder!  I hate lending out my books because I'm afraid they'll come back damaged.  E-books have made it easier for me to share!



To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

(Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host { Parajunkee.com } and any one else you want to follow on the list

(Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers - http://ninjagirlreads.blogspot.com/

Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.

Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments

Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"

If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers

If you're new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Book Blogger Hop

In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word!  This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books!  It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read!  So, grab the logo, post about the Hop on your blog.

This week's question comes from Ivan who blogs at Ivan Bookworm:


"If you were given the chance to spend one day in a fictional world (from a book), which book would it be from and what would that place be?"

My answer:I would love the world found in the J.D. Robb "Death" series.  It's still earth but totally futuristic.  It's has flying cars, all the best gadgets but the still very human existence of crime and crime fighters.  Even though it's set in the future, the reader can still relate to the story and actually envision the advances featured in the books.

6 comments:

Paranormal and Romantic Suspense Reviews said...

I'm also a serial reader and need to finish off the collection too!

I'm not really a serious Coke addict but I have one with my dinner every night.

I agree with not lending out books because afraid they will come back damaged (this is from personal experience).

I'm taking a guess you quit reading the Anita Blake series?

I noticed people stopped right after reading "Narcissus in Chains".

Have a great weekend!

Loren Chase said...

I am a TOTAL book hoarder, I have a ton of books everywhere, most of them not in a bookshelf... And I can totally relate to not wanting to lend my books out, I like them to be perfect and I'm always worried someone is going to bend the cover or dog-ear a page! Happy Friday! New follower!

~Loren
My FF

Howard Sherman said...

I’ve seen a lot of great picks and gathered some fresh titles to add to my ever-growing TBR list. My answer will probably stun most people because the world I picked is a place most people would be scared to death of and try to escape from. Me? I want in.

Hop on over to my blog and be prepared for the unexpected – http://www.howardsherman.net

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I'm with you on the Coke addiction. I have switched to Coke Zero as well. But if I have a really bad day, I have to have a "real" coke.

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. Don't all teachers hate grading papers? I love sweet potatoes more than regular potatoes.
My Hop

Shana said...

I love potatoes too! Hi! Just stopping by. Following you from the Feature and Follow Friday blog hop (finishing from last night!). Would love a follow back: blog.writerslairbooks.com. I also have twitter: @wlbks. Have a ‘good read’ weekend!